8.28.2008

when all is said and done...

at what point does life get so bad that you want to check out permanently?

how do you talk yourself into picking up a gun, shoving it in your mouth and pulling the trigger?

why don't people realize that everyday we can choose to love, and sometimes we don't?

what was the last thing that was said to him?

was he alone the night before?

how long did he think about doing this?

did he have people that talked bad of him, that hated him, and constantly tore him down?

what thought went through his head before his finger made that final movement?

why do we take people for granted?

at what point do we stop living for ourselves and start living for others?
Instead we are selfish...concerned about our own happiness. Too cocky and wrapped up in our own petty things to step back and look at the big picture...people are killing themselves and maybe we could've done something to stop it.

1 comment:

mmcfarland483 said...

There are no words to say because they all seem trite or like absolute cliches, so I wanted to leave lyrics for you that I find to be one of the most beautiful pieces ever written on such a tragic and heartbreaking subject.

"...And the questions rise,
expectations fall,
in light of it all.
There aren't words to say...
words aren't remembered,
but presence is--
a good friend once told me,
and he was there.
He was there,
but she wasn't there
and it's not fair
It's not fair.

What crimes have you committed
demanding such penance
that it couldn't wait for five more minutes and a cry for help?
'Cause this room is so peaceful,
this room is so quiet,
and I hate the silence.
And I can't walk the center aisle.

I've been here for over three hours
behind the flowers.
So beautiful and young
and so alive
and so in need of someone
someone to talk to them
'cause theirs are fragile lives.

And I think about my brother
and how I just stood there
with my hands in my pockets
and my heart in my throat.

Thank God I'm back in my car
and driving home...
and driving home.
But in that place I leave
all my days of taking life for granted.

And the words I wrote for her,
and my best friend crying
and a young girl lying
on all our hearts.

What crimes have you committed
demanding such penance
that couldn't wait for five more minutes and a cry for help?
'Cause this room is so peaceful,
this room is so quiet,
and I hate the silence.
And I can't walk the center aisle."

-"Center Aisle" by Caedmon's Call