7.29.2008

earth shakes...



"weeeeee" is what i say when we are having a 5.8 earthquake about 30 minutes away. I just happened to be on a skateboard. 2 coworkers ran under the doorways, i held my monitor because it's mine and it was pricey. Another coworker was already researching it "5.8 chino hills" he's yelling out details about the quake during the quake.

my favourite is when everyone wants to tell the story of where they were when "the earthquake hit!"...i was in my kitchen cleaning a dish? I was in 3rd grade doing times tables. I was setting up a powerpoint in the conference room, and i thought i was just hungover from last night".

i am safe, in case anyone was wondering. But who knows if we'll survive the aftershocks...bring it on tectonic plates!

our phones are down for now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I thought I was having a TIA"
"I asked myself if I was ready to see God"
"I froze"
"I ran outside without my shoes"


on a side note - i smacked a giant beetle from a ladies shoulder as we were re-entering the building. she didn't appreciate it at all.

Anonymous said...

i was building a fort with my friend franky and we were singing troop beverly hills songs. thinking back, maybe franky was gay.

moondog said...

my dream to be having sex when an earthquake hits will have to be put on hold until the next one....