7.23.2008

$155 million in it's first 3 days...

"the Batman" haha. Dark Knight: outstanding movie.

its all in the presentation....
I mean, $155 million in 3 days?! All movies contain several elements and they are always the same...there's a protagontist and an antagonist, there's a conflict of sorts that must be resolved, either by violence and death or perhaps communication and a happy ending. In the end the good guy wins right? Or someone wins...point is, people come to a movie wanting resolve at the end of the 2 hours, at least I do. if i don't get that resolve I leave the movie saying "what the heck, that's stupid...ugh I hate those endings." I love to be able to go back after the movie is over and piece things together, figure things out so that at the end I have that "a-ha" moment the one where things click and make sense. it's called, resolve. we pay money monthly, sometimes weekly, to see movies that all really have the same framework...it's all in the presentation, it's what makes the movie good...and it's what keeps us coming back. Sometimes we get through a movie that we think is amazing only to have the whole thing ruined for us at the end. It's easy to get so wrapped up in the presentaion of the movie that we forget the framework...sometimes people die, sometimes the good people turn bad, sometimes people have those happy endings, and sometimes... you just walk away completely disappointed shaking your head saying I can't believe i wasted my time, I shouldve walked out along time ago. But the worst is when you have a brain like mine. I try so hard, searching my brain to figure things out to make my own resolve...when suddenly I realize, it was all a show...back to life, back to reality. (and yes...you have to sing it and dance off into the night.)

No comments: