9.01.2008

take it in...


there's something about fluffy, white clouds resting gently on top of a mountain that make my heart want to sing a quiet song. I close my eyes and wish you were here to see this view with me. There's an empty chair beside me and an extra mug for hot coffee. Bare feet and oversized hoodies - eyes soft with happiness and leftover thoughts from the night before. Mornings like these make me want to share my heart, have meaningful conversation...and hold hands- not just hold but caress the softest part of the hand with my thumb. So, I went for a walk early this morning but something was missing. It's great hearing my heart beat but what would be even better is hearing someone elses beat in sync with mine. But for now, the only thing burning in my chest is Canadian grown coffee. Happy first day of September! :)

1 comment:

mmcfarland483 said...

i love oversized hoodies. i need to add one to my wardrobe for the winter. oh, and i love today's writing. :)