9.04.2008

that is definitely NOT what she said...

my cousin Ryan just moved down here from northern ca and I am excited about that. He is one of my very best friends and the only one who will...at the age of 25, still play "slappy hand war" with me. We have the best of times together because we were thankfully blessed with the same sense of humor...you know that one that's just a bit...off. People rarely understand what we are laughing at. We like it that way.

Well last night my parents and I picked him up and went to eat at olive garden. I feel like I would be robbing you of something if I chose not to share a few funny stories with you.

We are sitting at the dinner table eating pasta when Ryan looks up from his plate of food, admires my watch and says, "nice watch Steph". To which my mom blurts out as if she has been holding it in for months..."that's what she said!" I spit out a bit of tea and Ryan lost a noodle I'm sure of it. I don't think she quite understands.

One thing we always do at family gatherings is reminisce about the days of old. Ryan said, "hey Steph, Remember the time you picked me up from rite aide and I had that bucket and we got ice cream?" I swore on 5 cheese tortellini that he said he had a black kid and they got ice cream.

We ate pinkberry last night and my mom decides to sample the coffee flavoured yogurt and proceeds to tell Ryan and I never to try it in our lives because it.... "tastes like bacon and sausage." she is clearly not a fan of her yogurt tasting like breakfast meats. I also wonder how many people eat the top pointy part of the yogurt with their mouth before even getting a spoon. I'm guilty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you've been a bloggin' foo lately! good job. i had a million blogs inside while i was away, but only one very wordy one managed to make its way out. i think i need some type of mobile device that allows one to record their thoughts on random subjects on the spot, journal said subjects with a fitting photograph & then publish those thoughts/images in the world wide web for others to ponder & enjoy. do you know of such a device?