9.05.2008

Hyperventilation...

She hung on each word...every last one of them. Even the ones she'd heard before, they sounded different somehow. Things they spoke of were good...true and rich in substance, something that had previously been sorely lacking. She embraced each conversation as if it were their last. In fear of losing a good thing...she took it all in at a rapid pace like a cloudy day on the coast of Maine, she breathed in deeply until her lungs were satisfied. Never wanting to let go of that breath. But she knew if she savored that breath for too long another one would surely pass her by. She found herself hyperventilating...in a good way.

1 comment:

mmcfarland483 said...

When I read this I thought of one of my favorite passages in Philippians. I am paraphrasing, so stick with me. Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, pure and full of love...I will think about these things. A goal definitely worthy of striving for...and if you meet someone along your journey that you can share all things good and true with...even better.