9.03.2008

Speak your heart...silence your mind.

At what point did it become customary to test the water with your foot before getting into a swimming pool? As a child I was never concerned about assessing the situation prior to getting in, I just did what felt right in my heart…and that was getting into the pool quickly. With age comes skepticism I suppose, and over thinking. Somewhere over the years I decided hmmm…maybe I should see what I am getting myself into. Everyone eventually gets in anyway....and i've found that it’s not as cold if you just throw your entire body in all at once. Just get it over with. It’s more refreshing and less drawn out. Or you can choose to feel every inch of your body go in, shocking each part…when in the end, you end up in the same place... you just get there quicker. Don’t try to dissect this…you’ll never figure it out, my brain is a mystery.

3 comments:

mmcfarland483 said...

Testing the water is highly overrated. Once my toes find the cold, the rest of my body revolts and the moment is gone. I wish I could just run...dead sprint... across my parents yard and directly into the pool like I did when I was 12. Think that can be recaptured?

lauren said...

Fucking love this metaphor.
And you're a really great writer.

Go Steph!

:D

STEPH GRANT said...

thanks G Love. it came to me in bed (where i write most of my blogs)...because i was writing the opposite and it just didn't make sense...i want to speak my heart. oh how i miss you and special tass.

<3