5.07.2012

My Things.

A little bit about the things I use and/ or see everyday.

Camera: my newest/old film camera. I also have a Minolta that I have worked with way more. The camera strap is my favourite. I purchased it in Seal Beach, CA at a vintage shop.

Specs: Salt Optics are by far the best. I've been big on Ray Bans in the past but nothing competes with Salt [& they're handcrafted in my home state]. I sport the Yates.

Watch: This is definitely my go to watch. I have way too many watches for my own good...Vestal & Nixon are my favourite watches to wear. My brown wood Nixon Chalet was a gift to from my awesome coworker at Hurley, professional surfer Jodi Nelson. She's rad.

Create Mug: I have no idea where this was purchased...all I know is it was a thank you gift for shooting my friend from Hurley's mothers bday. Thanks Ri! I have used this every single day from the past 4 years.

iPhone4: this helps me run my business, stay connected & take amazing photos wherever I am in the world. Follow me on instagram.

Brown Leather Journal: I always have one of these by my side for thoughts or random doodles and ideas. This one is a brand new one that I just bought from Barnes & Noble...going to start a page a day with bullet points of major things that happened on that day.

1959 Bolex Paillard 8mm Movie Camera: This bad boy showed up on my doorstep from a childhood friend who used it as a paperweight. He thought I could get better use out of it. I am taking it to the local camera shop and am planning on using it for my roadtrip to South Carolina this summer. Thanks Kevin!!

Keep It Simple bracelet: Handcrafted by my talented friend at The Lazy Leatherworker. "Keep It Simple" is one of my favourite phrases...first heard it in Vermont. I bought a sticker for my guitar case while traveling there in the Fall of 2006. It's Vermont's state motto and a great reminder to me that less is more.

The paintbrush is...just a paintbrush without a story, but it is used to created my art and I love it.

No comments: