5.09.2012

Explore. Dream. Discover.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” - Mark Twain

I remember first reading this quote in a book while waiting for my smoothie at Jamba Juice back in California. I still worked in a cubicle at this point and felt that aching in my heart to get OUT and do more. Make a difference. Work long hours but be happy doing it so it didn't feel like work. I wanted to wake up every morning excited to work instead of dreading the day ahead of me. I wanted to throw myself into an unfamiliar situation to see if  it was possible to make money doing something that I loved for work but geez how scary. For years I tried so hard to ignore that ache but enough was enough...I was sick of just blogging about my unhappiness. Here I am today doing just that...everyday keeps getting better and it is super rewarding. Here are a few of my headshots...TreeHouse Weddings is expanding into the corporate world. Time to take on events & branding and I couldn't more excited about the direction of my career. Not a day goes by where I am not thankful I listened to my heart. Listen to yours...life is too short to be doing something you despise. Quit complaining....do something different. No one is going to do it for you. PS: I don't mind wearing a business suit & heels as long as I am creating something I love while wearing them;) I have a hard time staying TOO serious for too long. [Let's put on our suits & heels and connect like professionals. Find me on: Linkedin.]





No comments: