10.31.2008

vinyl, accordions, and martinis...



Stage lights danced freely within the crevices of the ceiling's architectural curves as the music repeatedly had it's way with my soul. It was out of my hands...I had a healthy buzz and a hungry heart...a recipe for the sweetest disaster. Sure enough, my mind escaped as I closed my eyes. from his lips came raspy, echoing words-forever a permanent fixture in my mind. That concert was amazing...correction, the word amazing does not do it justice. Leona Naess came as a pleasant surprise..we walked in not knowing the opening musician. the song "Ballerina" has always been one of my favourites... we walked away thoroughly impressed by every single one of her songs. Ray LaMontagne captivates the audience in a gentle way...you find yourself studying the shape of his rugged face with each crescendoed phrase. After the show we decided to cut through the Enchanted Forrest of Los Angeles. Wet grass and pine needles under the tallest trees. I took off my Houndstooth high heels and we started running and singing. I enjoyed the beauty in that moment and the sap on my bare feet. Wish you were there. Photos courtesy of TA and iPhones. Goodnight!


3 comments:

mmcfarland483 said...

music had it's way with your soul?! ...about that.

Amber, Amberlyjoy, Amberlin said...

Leona?! I'm sooo jealous. I would love love love to hear Ballerina live. I don't think I would ever be the same. lol. <3 you.

STEPH GRANT said...

yes, about that melia...had it's way. repeatedly.

AJ...i knew you would love it. That song live blew my mind!!! I bought her CD and Ray on vinyl. miss you friend!