10.21.2008

above the clouds...



i spend a lot of time above the clouds...i just got off of an airplane yesterday and will be back on one first thing tomorrow morning. Only to be back on one again in hmm 17 days. I spent time on my last flight looking out the window at the clouds...i sat there in awe for a good 15 minutes with my head propped up against my hand. I wondered if people thought about clouds as much as i do.... i thought of everything they remind me of, then got distracted by a portion of the wing that seemed to be coming loose. My thought process is wild and my imagination gets the best of me a majority of the time.

Anyway, i fly to san fran tomorrow morning for work...i'm shooting a hurley launch party at a club called Club 6ix and staying at Hotel Triton. There will be mobile updates on my facebook so make sure to check them out. I just downloaded Ray LaMontagne's newest CD and am about to light a candle and pack. I bought mittens today for my new york trip...God knows I don't need them here, it's supposed to be 91 tomorrow in HB. ew sick.

3 comments:

mmcfarland483 said...

there is a moment, as a plane climbs through the sky, that the clouds become the terrain below and the sky is cloudless blue. an optical illusion that flip flops earth and sky. that is my favorite moment.

STEPH GRANT said...

i actually thought about that during the 8th minute of my cloudy thoughts....and "how i get all whisked away in your little word stories." haha.

Amber, Amberlyjoy, Amberlin said...

I was convinced as a kid (divorced parents living in different states... we did a lot of flying) that I would spot the Care Bears amongst those beautiful clouds. Many fights took place between me and my older sister for the window seat. In fact she once sat in a window seat across the isle convinced that she would spot them from her side of the plane. The flight attendants (although I do believe back then they were still "stewardesses") always played along. I was always devastated when the plane got above the clouds. *good memories*