6.13.2008

I never want to see another steamer...

...For as long as I live.

Shooting product is tedious and mind-numbing. A photoshoot that was supposed to last 2 days is lasting over a week and for some of us that means, yes...16 hour days. So after today's "end of the year" party at hurley when everyone got cash bonuses and beer...we went back to the studio. We are shooting the Holiday 08 line for the launch of ecommerce on our site. 500 articles of clothing and each must be steamed...I am now a professional steamstress, and I take pride in that. After the first 150 your brain becomes numb and you start hearing things, you start craving random foods like a pastry from the jazz kitchen at Disneyland, you snap out of it. By item 300 you start smelling things...while steaming fleece it smelled exactly like hotel room bed comforters in las vegas. The printables and knits smelled like fish, ew. And the mens shorts smelled exactly like Pirates of the Carribean the ride, specifically the part where you go into the ships and canons, it was odd. Once Monday rolls around and we pull a late nighter who knows what will happen. Something entertaining im sure. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok, laughing out loud to myself at 7:42 am - AH! the different smells of steamed hurley clothing! How else would I ever have known this? THANK YOU Steph, for posting. My senses are alive this morning! (I actually have a tear in my right outer eye crevice)