7.17.2007

the gymnasium.




Raise your hand if you go to the gym. I am currently a member of 24 hours fitness...it's where i go to get physically fit. Actually, it's just where I go to burn off some Ben...and a little bit of Jerry. I just got back from a midnight workout and I have a question. Is it just me or does EVERYONE stare at you?!? I feel like everwhere I go, the small asian women on the treadmill behind me are watching my every step, just waiting for me to mess up. Possibly someone secretly hoping the tricep toner upper's seat will be down too far so they can watch me try to find out where the dang knob adjustment is....and laugh under their breath when I move to the next piece of machinery. Maybe it's just me, but I kinda look forward to it. I have changed the way I work out. I just bought an silver ipod shuffle, and I really don't pay attention to people anymore...and if i catch them looking, i break out into a small dance move and then back to the thighmaster. It's fun that way. I also like watching the larger men walk with their man boobs out and smug facial expressions...it's amazing, see i watch people too...i suppose it's a good way to pass the time away and to get rid of the burning sensation in your calf.

well i am off to bed, BUT FIRST some lyrics from one of my all time favourite bands. you MUST see them play live...PORCELAIN.

"but i still lose myself in every embrace i never let you catch me staring at my face. we step outside for awhile you confide say you're searching for someone to make them your loved one. I feel my heart break cuz i'm too scared to say that that someone's me."

http://www.myspace.com/ozporcelain



photography at the top by: Dana Morris Photography (also shoots for Porcelain).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the gym is one of the very best places to people watch... indeed.

yay for porcelain!

Steve said...

This may be a bit random, but I stubbled across your "kermit" trying to find Porcelain lyrics. Just wanted to say, "Cheers for listening to good music!" Keep rockin' :)