7.13.2007

analyze this....




http://www.myspace.com/kellenkjera

First off, I need to start out by talking about this photography above. I am honestly thrilled to the bone marrow when I see photos like the one above. He lives in TN...but we have talked a few times through myspace, his stuff is not photoshopped...it's just that amazing. It's people like this who inspire me. When you look at their photography and just smile from ear to ear.

I am gonna keep this short...with something for you to analyze. Here is a painting that I painted around a year ago....I always look at paintings and think, "what was the artist thinking while painting this?"...i know that i must have been thinking/feeling something subconsciously while putting my brush to the canvas, but what it is I am not sure. Any feedback on what you think this painting could mean is welcome, because I am interested in hearing what you have to say about my work. Yes, I know probably only one person with comment on this...but i'm fine with that. I plan on putting this blog on myspace so if you are a stranger feel free to join in on this as well.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


On occasion my friends and I make our way across the street to the local bookstore. We drink coffee and mostly laugh and get "shushed" but the book monitors. I bought a book at Barnes & Noble a few nights ago from the bargain section..."Home from the Vinyl Cafe" I suppose I bought it mostly because it had the words Vinyl and Cafe in it... which happen to be 2 of my favourite words (besides the Missy Higgins version of the word SHCROOOOPULOUS) call me strange but, yeah that's it...just call me strange. I will let you know how it is...$4.98 screams "WASTE OF TIME", but alas i shall read it cover to cover and give you a full report. i hope your Friday night is all you've dreamt of. be safe and dance it out.

AND NOW.....a tasty lyric from Rilo Kiley, "There's blood in my mouth cuz I've been biting my tongue all week..."

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



Steph

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

alright, here i go:

i think the top of the painting looks very love-like. it reminds me of bed sheets... a mush of color and sappiness and love and romance and all things intimate. its chaotic... just like the world of being in love. all of that is reaching out to a heart (in a way that very much resembles tornado... and i feel that that is equally symbolic because when love finds a person it picks them up and tosses around their entire existance) that is alone in a place of no color, no romance, no love.

bottom line: the artist was lonely and longing for love.