9.12.2009

certifiably nuts.


"I was certifiably nuts. I was crazy in everyone's mind but my own. I knew nothing about Austin, other than it was the capital of Texas. . .I was 22 and had absolutely nothing tying me down. If I didn't move away at that moment, when I had the most energy and the strongest desire, I would be stuck wondering "what if" for the rest of my natural life. I would rather move away and fail miserably than live with that uncertainty hanging over my head for decades. . .It would be good for me to leave the security of my job, my family, and my friends in Nebraska in exchange for total ambiguity and isolation. I would just have to make the leap of faith and trust God to fill in the blanks." -jen austen

3 comments:

corykhill said...

Are you moving to New York? I will come visit you if you do...

lauren said...

:)

STEPH GRANT said...

nope, not moving to NYC...yet. who knows, maybe one of these days. I'll talk to you next time I see you Cory, lots to explain:)