2.08.2010

All you need is LOVE?



Yep...a blog about that mushy love stuff.

Let's get some things out on the table here...from birth-2007 Valentine's Day had always been just another day. The idea of it made me romantical on the insides but it stopped at that...an idea. a fairy tale. Kinda like that wedding day of mine that I really never thought about. The extent of my wedding plans: me being certain that I wanted an evening wedding with hanging white lights. Then I'd move onto something else in my brain. ANYWAY... The last 2 Valentine's Days I have spent with different people...I am ready to spend this day with one person for the rest of my life. Is it ridiculous to think this nowadays? I was beginning to think so but now I am finding hope.

Some people say (I'm thinking specifically of Nicole Kidman singing on the elephant in Moulin Rouge) "ALL YOU NEED IS LOOOOOVE"...

Is this true? I say NO. I have definitely loved before...but it didn't last for one reason or another. So, no...that is false in my case. What does it really take then? To last a lifetime. I have my ideas but I am curious what you think. As for me, I will be spending the weekend in the snow at Lake Arrowhead watching this movie:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

reciprocated, commited, unconditional love i believe is the answer. It is quite easy to love someone with all your heart and soul, but for what reasons are we in love with them? if that reason changes, will we still love them? and if they do not love us back to the same degree, it obviously will not work. Love is tricky because there are so many types of love. Until we are able to identify the differences between those loves, its hard to say when we will find our LOVE to spend the rest of our lives with.

STEPH GRANT said...

i couldn't have said it better.....reciprocated. same degree. timing. mhmm. when you find it hold onto it. thanks for your words:)