4.10.2008

life lesson #9...

song of the day: What About Love by Heart

Many air conditioners and heaters today come with a small unit that hangs on the wall. This small unit has two things in it... a thermometer and a thermostat. We all tend to function as either one or the other. Thermometer people tend to reflect the temperature of the people around them. "If you're hot, I'm hot. If you're cool, I'm cool. If you yell, I yell." One tells about the conditions surrounding it while the other changes the temp in those conditions in the environment where it is located. anyone can complain about a problem. It's not hard to be a thermometer....do something different for a change.

"Life is too short." We hear this phrase often...mostly when it comes to some type of negative situation and/or attitude. It is a tragedy when people wake up dreading the day...or even the week because of negativity or dramatic circumstances. Trust me, I've had my share...I've pointed fingers but I have also changed my approach towards those types of situations or chosen to steer clear of them like Missy Higgins...and ultimately, have become a better person. Bottom line, you can't change people...you can only change yourself and outlook on things.

No comments: