2.19.2008

If you were a kiss...


...I know I'd be a hug.

I am sitting here eating fruit salad while listening to the Juno soundtrack. My mom makes this dessert with a special recipe and it's always a big joke with me and her, and the subject of food. If my mom changes anything...anything at all in a recipe I can tell even before I eat it or within the first bite. Tonight she made it with cherry jello instead of strawberry and it tastes more like children's Tylenol than a dessert, she just laughed and asks how I do it. To which I responded "my senses are magical, do not question them". I put the fruit salad aside to write my "pen pal" from Portland, OR a card. It's funny when you connect with someone you've never met before, it seems to happen often to me...there are a lot of kindred spirits in the world and they just seem to find me somehow. I have met some of my best friends and became good friends with them prior to seeing them face to face. Today I received a package with a book and a CD in it, it's very exciting to get mail! So I just got done sending off a mix and a few little things. It's exciting to know people out of your state, I recommend doing this.

On that note....Ash came to visit this weekend (also someone I became great friends with prior to meeting her). She came to work with me, met the guys and even taught me a few things in Photoshop which is funny since that's what i went to school for...and she works on computers, you can always learn something new from someone. It was a great weekend with friends...we threw a small surprise party for her bday, it's always good to have a piece of TX in CA. I am still fighting a stupid cough, I think it just stays for 2 months. lame. The next couple of weeks will be super crazy at work...i didn't leave the office til 8:30pm, it's like I can't get enough of it. here's a sneak peak of the comps that I am working on for the Summer 08 microsite. It'll be live on www.Hurley.com March 1st. Today I got to eat lunch with my favourite australian (no, not Missy Higgins)...i love my friends.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

it sounds like your had a good weekend.i wishi could have made it to california.
i don't even know you guys that well but i miss all of you!
my weekend was interesting.
let just say i said way too much to the girl i'm crazy about drunkenly.
oh yeahhhh.
i'll tell you more soon.