3.24.2012

My kids and Music.



So I have this friend from the UK...we'll call him "Fattie"...he asked me if I would MAKE my kids play music if they didn't want to. Here was my response:

"Heya Fattie...I have thought about your question and as much as I would want to say HECK YES I would make them...I probably wouldn't. When I discovered I wanted to play drums (prob in 5th or 6th grade) I would do anything to get my hands on anything that I could hit and anything I could make music from. The passion in my little heart to learn was so strong that I would want my kids to feel that for something on their own...whether it was music, sports or something else that was important to them. It makes me excited to think what my kid(s) will be passionate about one day :) Thankfully I had parents that saw my passion for drums and music that they bought me a drum set and didn't force me to take lessons...they let it come natural and I taught myself how to play and it was a hobby and not something i HAD to do for someone else. You're so welcome for the text, miss you! <3 Stephan"

No comments: