7.05.2010

Go cry about it why don't you?

Slow dancing in a burning room. How romantic. The imagery that plays in my mind when I hear this song is so detailed. Bare with me for a bit while i let my crazy fairytale brain take the wheel. I see a woman in a red dress with wavy brown hair. Her heels dangling in one hand. A man in a tux. His bow tie undone. They're the only ones left in a gigantic ballroom on a ship. Crystal chandeliers sparkling from the flames. The sprinklers come on as the man sings this song into the woman's ear. (sidenote: the woman's name is probably Collette haha) They hold each other wanting so badly to want each other...this is a familiar song that they've danced to before. They've memorized every line & every step...making eye contact as they whisper the line "can't seem to hold you like I want to..."

So strange that this made up scene plays in my head anytime I hear it. What a horrible song I've thought to myself...what is it about these poor people who seem to so desperately want to make this work that keeps them failing time and time again?

1 comment:

sublimo said...

This song always reminds me of one of the last romantic moments of my last relationship. She had been the girl of my dreams for years, and because she lived a 1000 miles away from me, we always thought our love would be imposible. But after 11 years, we finally managed to live together. Things didn't turn out well though, and after living together for four years, we both knew our relationship was bound to end soon. One night, just before going to bed, this song played on the radio. I took her hand, and we danced slowly in the bedroom without saying a word. She was moved by it, although she didn't speak english and didn't understand the words of the song. For a moment we fell in love again like so many years before. But our fairytale was slowly burning down.