11.28.2008

my secret spot.





I was saving this place for someone special. I have passed it by every night on the way home from work for over a year. I had always thought about pulling over but just convinced myself to wait until i could share it with someone who was important to me. I was on the phone with my friend when she convinced me to pull over for myself. the sun was setting and before i could talk myself out of it, i pulled off...got out, and enjoyed the view while describing to her what it was like to be standing on the edge of a cliff looking at the ocean and smoke stacks. doing things for myself...hmmm, it's a new thing for me, but it felt good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your secret spot is gorgeous. I am glad you stopped. You need to do more things for you. No need to postpone beauty or something that could be amazing... your new respite...for that one day. Treat yourself. Do things for you everyday.

STEPH GRANT said...

today I danced naked in the street while wearing a homeade pilgrim hat...for myself. It was nice.

corykhill said...

You take such great pictures! Keep up the good work and keep doing things for you.

STEPH GRANT said...

thanks cory!!!:) I have to hand it to my iPhone though...it did all the work. You're awesome and I hope you have so much fun in new Zealand. Can't wait to see pics.